The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Academy for European Human Rights Protection, which is currently being established under the direction of Prof. Dr. Dres. Angelika Nußberger M.A., invites applications for 6 positions for PhD students at the Academy for European Rights Protection.
- PhD in the field of European and International Human Rights protection (linked to general questions on constitutional and international law)
- Organization and implementation of scientific conferences and projects
- Participation in teaching (working groups, moot court etc.)
- First or second state examination with at least the grade of „vollbefriedigend“ (fully satisfactory) in the state part or an excellent foreign law degree comparable to the first state examination and proven knowledge of international public and constitutional law
- Excellent knowledge of English and a second foreign language
- Experience in project work and event management
- Organizational talent, ability of working in a team, resilience and enthusiasm for scientific work
WE OFFER YOU
- Inspiring environment for your research project in the field of human rights
- Profil-building in the research on comparative law, international law and constitutional law
- Involvement in research projects and practical work in the field of human rights protection
- Participation in building up the Academy for European Human Rights Protection
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available at the earliest possible date on a part time basis (19,92 hours per week/50%). It is limited to a term of two years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2102-08. The application deadline is the 28.02.2021. Inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Carmen Schmidt (email@example.com).